Adapting the Home to "Age In Place"
Ideas and changes that can make your living space safer and more accessible
- A low or no-threshold entrance to the home with an overhang
- A master bedroom and bath on the first floor
- Lever-style door handles
- Bright lighting in all areas
- Non-slip flooring, no throw rugs
- Widen door ways
- Install walk in shower
- Rearrange kitchen and bathroom storage areas
Ready to find out more?
View Our Services
Let's Get Started!
get immediate help with info & pricing
As we age, many of us want to be able to stay in our own home, maintain our independence, make our own choices, and conserve our savings. The professionals at Alternative Senior Care have years of experience helping people age safely at home with the right combination of supports individualized to meet the unique needs of you or your loved one.
Low tech-low cost items that make living at home safer and easier
- Walkers, wheelchairs, ramps, power scooter
- Raised Toilet Seats, lift chairs
- Bed Rails, tub chairs, hand held shower
- Hand grabber
- Amplified telephone, flashing lights for doorbell, smoke alarm
- Large print telephones, remote controls, clocks
- Grab bars and railings
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Pendant, bracelet
- System can call family, not just 911
- Brings peace of mind
High Tech devices that enable better communication and safety in your home
- Motion sensors
- Motion activated lights
- Touch lamps
- Communication devices
- In Home Health and activity monitoring
- Medication dispensing machines
When to start? It’s never too early to start talking with your family about your desires. For help in beginning to work your Age in Place plan, call us today! Cindy can come out and do a home inspection and offer ideas that will enable you or your loved ones to stay at home.